I've spent the majority of my college years trying to figure out my life and I have realized over time that while I'm busy making plans, life quickly passes by. So I took a break from planning my life and things fell into place exactly the way I wanted. Friends and Family are most important to me and I thank God everyday for all the blessings in my life. I am lucky enough to have the best pair of parents, wonderful fun-loving friends, and the most beautiful supportive sorority sisters in the world. I have enjoyed everything life has offered me so far and I am looking forward to all that the future holds for me - and the rest is still unwritten…















Friday, August 13, 2010

first week of class.. check!

Well the first week of class is over, granted it was only 2 days.. I had a mild freak out over my major. apparently i was suppose to apply to be a mass communications major and was never told. but long story short, everything was fixed yesterday afternoon and its official.. I was accepted into the mass communications program! As weird as it sounds to say, but I am so excited for this semester. After many hours, days, weeks, and years contemplating what I was gonna spend time studying in college, I have figured it out. And I have to say, figuring this part of my life out has taken a load off my shoulders! I feel like this part of my life is falling into place and everything else will start to make sense as well. But on another note.. My dad is out of town for the weekend so my mom and grandmother are coming to Carrollton tomorrow! I'm so excited to see them and spend the day together.. I'm looking forward to them seeing the sorority house and my cute, almost fully decorated, room! Isn't it weird how whenever you are away from home, thats the only place you wanna be? I remember praying every night for college to come so I could move out on my own, but now I pray for a free weekend so I can go back home! Its funny the way life is sometimes.. How we pray for change and then realize that maybe we weren't ready for it. Being home now just has a different feeling. It has a sense of warmth, love, and relaxation.. Carrollton is home away from home, but home is definitely where the heart is.

"Mama said home is where the heart is when I left that town. I made it all the way to West Georgia and that's where my heart found.."  -Lady Antebellum

No comments:

Post a Comment