I've spent the majority of my college years trying to figure out my life and I have realized over time that while I'm busy making plans, life quickly passes by. So I took a break from planning my life and things fell into place exactly the way I wanted. Friends and Family are most important to me and I thank God everyday for all the blessings in my life. I am lucky enough to have the best pair of parents, wonderful fun-loving friends, and the most beautiful supportive sorority sisters in the world. I have enjoyed everything life has offered me so far and I am looking forward to all that the future holds for me - and the rest is still unwritten…















Thursday, August 12, 2010

where has time gone?

So although my blog is far from set up the way i want it.. I decided that today was the perfect day to write my first post! Today, is the first day of my junior year of college.. and I've spent the last few days of summer asking myself WHERE HAS TIME GONE?! Growing up I've always listened to my mom talk about "the older you get, the faster time flies" but i never really payed attention to many of her statements so of course this one never made any sense to me. But as I am now "climbing the age ladder" i've started remembering the little cliche sayings my mom throws my way. I spent the majority of my life hurrying along my age to reach certain milestones in life... 10-to be in double digits, 13-to be a teenager, 15-learning permit, 16-drivers license, 18-to be a so called adult, 20-no longer a teenager, and the all famous 21-legal in every sense of the word.. but as the last milestone is quickly approaching, its hard not to realize how fast time really does fly by. I'm starting to see things much more clear. Like the things that matter in life and the things that dont. As much as I miss some things in my past, i am so happy at the place that I am in life right now. God has blessed me with so much more than I deserve and i'm so thankful. So in a way, the first day of my junior year is bittersweet but i'm definitely looking forward to the great things in store for this year.

"Life moves pretty fast.
 If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." -Ferris Bueller

No comments:

Post a Comment