I've spent the majority of my college years trying to figure out my life and I have realized over time that while I'm busy making plans, life quickly passes by. So I took a break from planning my life and things fell into place exactly the way I wanted. Friends and Family are most important to me and I thank God everyday for all the blessings in my life. I am lucky enough to have the best pair of parents, wonderful fun-loving friends, and the most beautiful supportive sorority sisters in the world. I have enjoyed everything life has offered me so far and I am looking forward to all that the future holds for me - and the rest is still unwritten…















Saturday, August 14, 2010

remember me

Today has been a very lazy, relaxing day! I think its good to have days like this every now and then. Our lives get so chaotic and crazy sometimes that we forget to do the small things in life. So some of my favorite days are spent doing absolutely nothing. Although the majority of my day was spent doing absolutely nothing but relaxing and catching up on lifetime movies and laundry, I did manage to see Remember Me, a movie I have been wanting to see for quite sometime now. What a tear jerker!! It was one of the best movies I have ever seen and definitely recommend everyone watch it! The twist at the end is breathtaking and truly a remarkable film! As I sat in the chapter room of the sorority house with sisters watching the movie, I realized how much my life has been blessed with wonderful friends, family, and sisters. How lucky I am to have so many people in my life that are worthy of being remembered and who have impacted my life in so many ways. Remembering things, for the good or bad, is what makes us feel alive. Its reality. Acting like things or people dont exist would be an easy fix for lifes problems, but remembering is a way to feel something. Remembering brings about an aray of emotions and feelings.. sometimes good and sometimes bad.. but either way, remembering rather than just forgetting is an important part of life. So with this being said.. I sit here asking myself.. How do I want to be remembered? What legacy and memory do I want to leave for those who know me? Its a scary thought to think about but something that could force me to re-evaluate my life and current lifestyle.

"If i die young, burry me in satin, lay me down in a bed of roses. Sink me in the river at dawn and send me away with the words of love song..." -Band Perry


Blogger Templates
Blogger Templates

No comments:

Post a Comment